Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sir, This is for you!!!




( Sir passed away..on Dusshera, 28.09.2009)

We love you..

That is all i want to say..on behalf of all the students you taught.

Personally, there are so many things i want to tell you. For instance, you'll remain my favourite teacher for ever ever. Because you were one teacher who loved teaching, who loved all children like his own, who cared for every child individually.Because you taught me, nothing is impossible once you set your heart to it. Because you taught me i was special. But how did you forget that sir?How did you forget that you are special too? For all of us- for every student whose life you touched in your very special way..

I still remember sir, when everyone wanted to take some time from your busy schedules, to take private tutions, you made time for all of them..i remember how much you loved me, because you came to teach me at home. sometimes as late as ten thirty in the night, on a bicycle, holding an umbrella on a rainy day, taking so much of pain, waking me up and making me study..not because i ever asked you..but because you just loved me..and you just took it on yourself as a responsibility..

I remember you as a "master" in the true sense because there wasn't a subject you couldn't teach with confidence and elan..i remember, all your classes were fun and maths, chemistry, physics just were your favourite playthings and all social sciences your favourite playmates. i remember all that because every time anyone had a doubt, there was one teacher with the solution: Mishra sir, the pan eating, ever smiling, loving Surendra Mishra Sir.

Oh sir, why didn't you tell us you were so sick? i blame myself the most..I was here, in Keonjhar and you had been suffering silently.. I should have known you wouldn't say anything to anyone..you are too proud for it.. i should have gone and talked to you.

And it feels horrible to see your pillar of strength begin to crumble.. it feels like the worst injustice to hear that voice break up and cry like a small baby, who helped us through our baby steps and helped us grow.

Sir, we are all here with you..to support you, to stand by you. We will not let you crumble. We will see you through this sickness and wait for you to come back. Last time you had a stroke, you came back from your paralysis and started doing the thing you have always loved-teaching. You came back like a true fighter that you've taught us to become. And we all know you'll come back this time too.

There's another batch waiting for you sir.



Get well and come back soon.

5 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

Very beautifully written Kay !!!

Kay said...

Dear All,

I finally summed up the courage to call sir after that evening..and there's good news..

his wife said that after talking to me that day, he has been improving very well.. (No, it has nothing to do with my talking to him,,i still do not have the power to make miracles..)

The fact is..his diabetes is totally under control and he's been put off insulin.. His medicines for his leg pain have started working..and he isn't in much pian as of now..

And the best part.. Sir's not crying anymore..Infact he has started to get up on his own and is trying to take his steps on his own!! Just like the real fighter he is..

Keep praying guys..

It works!!!

PS: ..the doctors will give their final report next week..He's just gone in for dialisis session..And the doctors say, in another six months his kidney might start functioning agan if everything goes on normally..Please pray...i just hope he doesn't need the transplant...

~ ॐ ~ said...

Amen !

Kay said...

Dearest Dearest sir,

Loads and loads and loads of love...

I am so sorry sir..

Thank You for everything you've done for all of us..and specially for me..You'll always always remain my favourite..and all your blessings forever with me..

I have learnt a lot from you dearest sir..and there will be many things that i will keep learning..your humility..your affection, your selflessness....and above all..your zeal of learning..and sharing that learning..

Love ...

Anonymous said...

Had written this the night Sir passed away (28/09/09).....

Dear Sir
From your knowing me since the day i was born till today(28/09/09) when that phone call took so much time to sink in that you are no more and still its unbelievable...when i was smsing everybody telling that you are no more my fingers went numb and i could not bring myself to type the phrase "passed away" for u.its as if the phrase was never meant for u..u were always supposed to be around.."mooonnnn, come soooonnnn" and all the other playful jokes u cracked and pulled my legs...how cud u leave us Sir??.......

though spent two wonderful hrs with you talking about SSMPS to GFS, talking about recession to placements,your telling me about how thin i ve become to my my telling you about how i hate the food in my hostel....and while talking about all these trivialities, u and me both trying to bypass the fact that u r so sick and still that will in ur eyes to hang in there longer and u did too...........Like alwayz, you hung in there....never letting go....just like you always asked me to do..."Sir, this maths problem is not my cuppa tea"..."Kahinki hebani?? u can do it..just try a little harder"....LOVE YOU SIR......AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!................... Just can’t believe you are not there........wish those two hrs had never come to an end and i could go on talking to you and be treated like the way you always did...............Thank you so much Sir for being a part of all of us......U R ALWAYS THERE IN OUR HEARTS!!!

And yes..thanks for making learning fun..and teaching so much more than books could ever do and helping me build a foundation for myself....U r the best Sir...Noone can replace u in our hearts

love you sir..

moon